After a year-long hiatus due to the pandemic, one of the Lone Star State’s most anticipated events of the Fall is finally back in 2021. The State Fair of Texas returns from September 24 to October 17 for in-person celebrations at Fair Park!
This year’s theme comes from the mascot’s famous catchphrase “Howdy Folks!” Big Tex welcomes back everyone with his huge warm smile. [Featured image by Antonio Cueto]
Fair favorite attractions like the Big Tex Choice Awards, celebrating fried foods like 2019’s winner Big Red Chicken Bread, will be back this year, but organizers warn visitors that plans might change according to CDC guidelines over COVID-19 regulations.
The college football classic Red River Showdown between University of Texas and Ohio University will be back this year on Oct. 9, with in-person attendance at the Cotton Bowl. this football stand-off between these huge rivals has been played at the State Fair of Texas since 1929!
Live music is coming back too! There will be free concerts every night at the fair, bellow is a schedule of each night’s performers:
- September 24: Clay Walker
- September 25: Dru Hill (2 pm)
- September 25: Black Pumas (8:30 pm)
- September 26: La Energia Norteña
- September 30: Little Joe & La Familia
- October 1: Shinyribs
- October 2: Kevin Fowler
- October 3: Grand Funk Railroad
- October 8: Mike and the Moonpies
- October 9: Jack Ingram (6 pm)
- October 9: Bill Engvall (8:20 pm)
- October 10: Sugar Ray
- October 11: Le Freak
- October 15: Kraig Parker
- October 16: Charley Crockett
- October 17: The Last Bandoleros
Season passes are now available on the State Fair’s website starting at $50, and day passes will go on sale starting Sept. 9.